Senior Regulatory Platform Services Developer.
£60,000 Per Year
Software Engineer – Java & Low-Level C
A Developer to create and maintain critical systems in low level C and in Java.
The team provide a very high-performance in-house SQL database service for heavy lifting business intelligence work across the Company. Their internal users leverage its capabilities to quickly run bespoke queries and produce hundreds of reports on a daily basis.
The team is responsible for ensuring our technical compliance of the services with regulatory traceability requirements, capturing millions of data records per day in digital SAFEs that are accessed by national authorities for control.
You will be working on highly available Java regulatory solutions using state of the art cryptography. You will be part of a tight knit team that continues to solve new and challenging problems.
Working with technical experts throughout the business, you will have the chance to learn and grow in our hard working, fast paced environment.
Preferred skills and experience
- Significant commercial experience of low level, non-embedded system development with C.
- Commercial development experience with Java.
- Experience working on massively parallel systems.
- Experience working with SQL databases.
- Analytical thinking.
- Ability to work in a continually changing, reactive environment.
- Flexible with a positive attitude towards work.
- Developing, maintaining, and operating performance critical in-house database systems as well as regulatory secure storage solutions in line with the agreed designs and team standards.
- Assisting the Technical Lead with their mission to ensure quality performance and compliance of the solutions.
- Mentoring junior members of the team on development and operation best practices.
- Demonstrating a proactive approach to improve the security, stability, performance, and operability of the solutions.
- Assisting in all reasonable ways during the required audits and certifications.