Senior IT Admin - Customer Support (Wakefield).
Senior IT Administrator (customer support) - Wakefield
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
Based in our Wakefield office, we are seeking a Senior IT Administrator to work within the existing IT team to provide support to over 600 users. The successful candidate will work alongside the IT Managers and IT Administrators to aid in the service to the business. You will be in contact with people around the business, aiding and assisting in support desk enquiries and ensuring things are running as they should.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- The right person will be required to be hands on
- Have strong Support experience within a Microsoft Environment
- Have strong Experience with configuring and supporting both physical and virtual environments
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Hands on knowledge of the procedures used in the installation, modification maintenance and repair of Dell and HP Server Hardware and excellent working knowledge of RAID
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We are part of the Disability confident scheme and ensure we are able to provide equal opportunities for all. You will not be Pigeon-holed with us and you will have a bespoke career path to achieve development through Chartership and beyond!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link below!
|Experience||• Proven working experience in supporting IT Infrastructure, Endpoint Hardware and Software
• Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation.
• Physical and Virtual configuration and Administration
• Experience with DNS, DHCP and Terminal Services
• Knowledge of WAN/LAN/WIFI/TCP/IP and network hardware
|• Experience of ManageEngine Desktop Central
• Experience of Microsoft SCCM
• Knowledge of Microsoft AutoPilot
• Microsoft 365 Teams and SharePoint
|Skills||• Server 2008/2012/2016
• Desktop Windows XP/Vista/ 7/ 8.1/ 10
• Active Directory & Exchange administration
• Installation and Administration SQL Server
• Excellent customer service and personal interaction skills.
• Mitel VOIP telephony.
• HP Switches.
• Dell and HP Servers.
• HP Workstations & Toshiba Laptops.
|• Advanced Wireless technology
• MS Office 365 / Azure Experience.