Lead Platform Engineer.
Lead Platform Engineer
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
As the Lead Platform Engineer you will be reporting to the Head of Platform Operations and working within the Platform Infrastructure Team. Your main responsibility will be leading the continued operation and maintenance of the organisation’s global infrastructure. You will have both strong technical skills and interpersonal skills. Experience of both legacy platforms and more leading-edge cloud services/microservices is essential. Through your strong technical experience, excellent IT skills, industry knowledge and your experience of infrastructure design and technical implementation, you will support the wider team to successfully raise the company’s platform offering to the next level.
Culture fit is extremely important, and my client is seeking a caring, entrepreneurial, pragmatic, hands on leader, with an extensive understanding of the ever-changing technology landscape. In this hands-on technical role, you will plan, implement, and support the overall technology infrastructure to ensure the stability, security, and performance of my client’s technology systems.
Your core responsibilities will be the following:
- The complete ownership, management and support of all critical network and infrastructure elements ensuring they remain available and operating to the required levels of performance and security. This includes, but is not limited to the virtualisation, compute, storage, network, connectivity, back-up and replication, monitoring, patching, maintenance, documentation and evolution of the platform and its constituent parts.
- Support our platform evolution and other key technology strategy initiatives in the development and improvement of our global infrastructure to transition to a more cloud centric and scalable architecture.
- Lead the Platform Infrastructure Team and mentor junior members of the department.
- Assist in the resolution of live issues and act as a technical escalation for the Platform Operations Team.
- Out of hours support through an on-call rotation.
- Proven experience of strong technical and thought leadership within a financial or digital technology business
- Experience of Installation, configuration, and support of Windows Server 2008 R2 to 2019
- Active Directory Administration (On-Premise and Azure AD, including Enterprise Applications)
- Management and maintenance of the Office 365 suite
- Communication technology such as Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, Exchange & Mimecast
- Cloud Providers such as Azure and AWS
- Network and connectivity technologies such as LAN, WAN, Wireless, DNS, DHCP, VPN, TCP/IP.
- Experience with virtualisation technologies such as Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare vSphere, K8s and DockerSwarm
- Experience with infrastructure as code such as Azure DevOps and Terraform
- Experience of monitoring systems such as Microsoft System Centre, Site24x7, PRTG, Prometheus or Grafana
- Experience of supporting a global organisation in a remote working environment
- A full UK drivers’ licence and access to a car.