Infrastructure Engineer Junior - Mid.
Mid-level Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
Location: Central Manchester
You will be working in a fast paste data centre environment working in a system operations team. You should be an experienced engineer; consideration will be based on both your technical ability and soft skills. You will be primarily focused, but not limited to, the Storage and Backup technology domain, Operating System (Windows and Linux) and Containerisation as well as Virtualisation.
Cross skilling in virtualisation and server technologies is encouraged and your progression will be supported with development plans, training and mentoring from Technical Leads.
- Experience with Windows or Linux systems and services.
- Logical approach to solving problems under pressure and an active communicator on technical issues.
- Experience in community or commercial containerisation technologies.
- Scripting skills in more than one of the following: Bash, PowerShell, Python or Golang.
- Collecting and visualising metric and log data using tools such as Splunk, Elastic or Prometheus.
- Working with system data and tools to gain deeper insight into the platforms for in-depth investigations and pro-active problem analysis.
- Providing a quality and personable support experience to the business.
- Understanding Incident, Request, Change, Problem and Knowledge management (ITIL).
- Integrating new services into Operations that are automated, monitored and maintained for minimal operational overhead.
- Performing system maintenance, upgrades, and IT service continuity testing.
My client will also consider a more junior Infrastructure Engineer.
If this opportunity is of interest to you please call me on 01615118384 or email me at email@example.com .