Business Systems Team Lead.
£60,000 Per Year
Business Systems Team Leader
Who we are looking for
- A technically minded Business Systems Team Leader, who will help coordinate and drive activity and efforts of the team to deliver software solutions.
Business Systems Solutions is an exciting new function set up to support the continual growth of the wider business. The team utilises various technologies to provide custom built solutions and implement third party products and services to support processes within the business to drive effectiveness, efficiency, scalability and sustainability.
Core skills within the team include REACT, Typescript and GCP. The tech stack also covers SQL, .Net MVC, Web API and CSS 3.
You will be responsible for managing the workload through the various disciplines and delivering high quality applications within agreed delivery dates and deadlines, whilst responding rapidly to the needs of the business and managing the day to day running of the team.
This role is eligible for inclusion in the Company’s hybrid working from home policy.
Preferred skills and experience
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to motivate a team.
- Passionate about delivering technical solutions, tools and applications.
- Self-motivation with a strong drive to succeed.
- Ability to handle large workloads with rapid context switching while remaining calm in pressured environments and situations.
- Experience with work stack planning, prioritisation and resource management.
- Demonstrable experience of working with high availability, multi user, n-tier and distributed applications.
- Knowledge of software development best practices, good architecture and the full SDLC.
- Well organised and skilled in effective time management, conflict resolution, and task allocation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in technical and non-technical subjects.
- Ensuring timely provision of agreed deliverables throughout the SDLC by understanding both business and technical requirements.
- Working with the team to determine the most suitable solutions to problems.
- Scheduling and planning resource according to business needs.
- Tracking and reporting of progress regularly and clearly.
- Mitigating risk and resolving blockers throughout the work.
- Collaborating with other teams within the business as required.
- Understanding and implementing governance of best practises.
- Ensuring mitigation of risk by knowledge sharing.
- Recognising team members’ strengths and mentoring them to encourage and support continuous improvement.
- Chairing team meetings, conducting one to one sessions, providing feedback for team appraisals and liaising with third parties where required.