|This position is responsible for contributing to and supporting the development of the Modern Workplace platforms, and technical management of the desktop, mobile and related end user services. The Modern Workplace Analyst will also have knowledge of Apple and Android mobile device platforms and manufacturing products. Finally, from time to time and with support, this position will take on special responsibilities as they pertain to new system and application evaluations, testing and implementation as well as being a point of contact for VIP/Executive users.
- Support the Modern Workplace Lead in supporting and delivering an exceptional user experience to the business.
- Primary responsibilities will include hands on development, standardisation, and management of all desktop infrastructure including hardware, software deployment, images, and patching standards
- Demonstratable experience and knowledge of Microsoft Endpoint Manager and Intune to support modern client operating systems and smart devices, including Autopilot, Endpoint Analytics, Co-Management, and Hybrid Join
- A highly proactive approach and will be expected to lead and drive continual improvements to overall desktop infrastructure optimisation while maintaining a highly stable platform.
- Provide 3rd level support for the desktop platform while also providing an escalation point for the Tier 2 team from time to time.
- Develop and execute on enterprise workstation imaging / deployment methodology
- Ensure correct installation, configuration, use and maintenance of the Microsoft Endpoint Manager platform.
- Create and manage application deployment objects for new and existing software
- Manage deployment of all patches, critical updates, and service packs on a timely basis
- Maintain ongoing communications with support teams regarding application issue resolution and general workstation management support
- Work with key platform vendors for support to resolve issues as well as platform strategy development
- Coordinate applications release with Software Solutions, QA teams, and business owners
- Monitor Microsoft Endpoint Manager platform health, diagnose, resolve, or mitigate identified problems
- Provide mentoring, guidance, and professional development support to others on staff when needed
- Support and Develop the Windows 10 and Windows 11 estate
- Provide support to the Modern Workplace Lead to deliver against year-on-year project roadmap
- Manage the deployment and maintenance of Microsoft365/Office365
- Provide excellent VIP support through escalation as required
- Strong knowledge of Apple devices including mobiles, tablets and MacBooks and their enrolment using Mobile Iron MDM would be advantageous
- Experience testing new hardware equipment such as benchmarking PCs and recommending specifications for business would also be advantageous