Senior Service Desk Engineer.
I have a great opportunity for a Senior Service Desk Engineer to take end to end ownership for incidents and ensure my clients employees have sufficient equipment and resources to perform their roles. My client have a technically driven Service Desk and there goal is to ensure that there employees have sufficient equipment and resources to perform their roles. The candidate should take end to end ownership of incidents and escalate them where necessary to see them through to resolution.
Preferred skills and experience
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Concise written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-managed with ability to work unsupervised.
• Ability to mentor and deliver training.
• Commercial experience working in a service management function.
• Acting as a point of escalation for the team and taking responsibility for driving and improving the expected high standards across the team.
• Ensuring that phone calls and emails are dealt with promptly to provide the best possible service to the business.
• Logging all tickets for incidents or requests that are reported.
• Ensuring that 1st line incidents are resolved quickly and efficiently.
• Ensuring that 2nd line incidents are investigated and promptly escalated where required.
• Proactively managing open incidents, working with 2nd and 3rd line teams to gain the fastest resolution based on incident SLA.
• Maintaining and administering user accounts, ensuring users only have access to what they require in order to fulfil their roles.
• Training new starters to an excellent and consistent standard.
• Maintaining training material and adapting documentation to new processes or technology.
• Mentoring of team members, dealing with escalations where appropriate and escalating to 2nd line where necessary.
Adalta are a leading IT recruiters head quartered in the Northern Quarter, Manchester. With offices in Cambridge, Hull and Tampa (USA) servicing our Global customer base. With a combined experience of over 75 years in IT Staffing, our team are expertly placed to advise on the local IT talent market.
We truly believe that with the right environment, any person, from and background can build a successful career.
If you are looking for a different role please contact us with your CV for more information on other positions available at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our experienced consultants will get in touch.