£30,000 Per Year
IT Operations Engineer
Salary: £30,000 + Benefits
My client are looking for an Operations Engineer to provide proactive monitoring of key infrastructure, supporting the live production environment of their website.
The IT Operations team is primarily focused on providing support for the production IT service, comprising all customer facing products and critical internal business systems.
You will be proactively monitoring the performance and capacity of the IT Infrastructure including response, investigation, escalation and resolution of incidents and changes affecting the business.
The day-to-day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused company ethos.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to make and act on decisions when under pressure
- Self-managed and with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting Windows Server and Linux operating systems.
- Working knowledge of computer networking and Cisco technologies.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills with high attention to detail.
- Ensuring production systems are functioning correctly via the completion of the IT Operations daily checklist.
- Ensuring service affecting incidents are responded to, appropriately logged, investigated, and resolved, escalating where necessary.
- Communicating with stakeholders at key times to ensure that work is proceeding according to the agreed schedule, escalating appropriately where work is delayed or does not go according to plan.
- Coordinating planned maintenance work and checking for scheduling clashes for all high-risk changes.
- Working as the first point of contact for the production IT service and associated Infrastructure for internal departments and senior members of staff.